Monday, March 9, 2015

"The Reader" my first mixed-media original painting

It was an amazing ride working on custom portraits that I offer on aSmaOriGinal on Etsy for about two years. I felt now it is time to explore new ideas and layouts to do original illustrations along with the custom portraits I do. So while still working with mixed media materials, I am now working on a collection of portrait illustrations that represents my proper vision. The one I show in this blog is called: "The Reader".

I used paper collage for the dress, plant and book. The materials I used for the rest of the portrait are acrylics, gouache and watercolors. I love the combination of those three art mediums. I personally feel that each has a specific role to do in my paintings.
'https://www.etsy.com/listing/225300923/original-mixed-media-painting-the-reader?ref=shop_home_active_4
 You can find the original painting on my Etsy shop "aSmaOriGinal".

I can't wait to continue working on the portrait collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment