Visiting Green Land Dubai - A Tropical Forest in the Middle of the Desert

Today we have visited the first indoor tropical forest in the UAE located in City Walk Dubai. The best place in my opinion to escape the heat of the summer with kids in Dubai. We went as a family and started our visit from the fourth floor going down. Surrounded by a living ecosystem of canopy.
Seeing all the exotic plants, animals and insects was very inspiring for me. I felt curious like a child and enjoyed interacting with the animals. I must mention how friendly the staff was showing us some animals out of their cages. I even touched a snail for the first time in my life.
I was also excited to see a toucan up close. To see more of my illustrations follow me on Istagram @asmaoriginal
The green planet provides a program throughout the day to interact with some animals. We had the chance to see the sloth at the time we arrived. We watched him climb a tree and eat his meal. My daughter was very interested!
The sloth climbing slowly and with ease
 The dome is a home to more than 3,000 plants and animals inducing birds, reptiles, spiders, insects and fish. We discovered them all walking down 4  stages around a giant tree. We kept looking left and right trying to see the most of it.
My daughter Sara, always ready for adventure!

We had the chance to see many animals up close and even to touch them
We surly had a wonderful experience that I recommend for anyone visiting Dubai, especially with kids. This a link to their website for more information: http://www.thegreenplanetdubai.com/en

Have you already visited the Green Planet? Say in the comments below what was your favorite animal to see! 

Comments

Popular Posts